The site Lost Lettermen tracked down the whereabouts of all the living Heisman winners and what became of winners who are deceased. It's a fascinating list and here are a few gems the site's authors say they have uncovered:
- Eric Crouch, the 2001 winner from Nebraska, owns a playground equipment business.
- Chris Weinke, the 2000 winner from Florida State, and Ty Detmer, the 1990 winner from Brigham Young, both work at Triton Financial in Austin.
- Billy Cannon, the 1959 winner from Louisiana State, is an orthodontist in Baton Rouge.
- Mike Rozier, the 1983 winner from Nebraska, is a stay-at-home dad living in Sicklerville, N.J.
- Charlie Ward, the 1993 winner from Florida State, is head coach at Westbury Christian High in Houston.
- Johnny Rodgers, the 1972 winner from Nebraska, owns a children's bed store.