The final regular season ballots of coaches who vote in the USA Today poll has been released and nobody does a better job of picking through the list than Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News. Here are some of the highlights:
- The 2010 Shameless Ballot Award goes to Nebraska's Bo Pelini, who voted his Cornhuskers 8th, which is three spots higher than any other coach had them and eight spots higher than their ranking.
- Stanford's Jim Harbaugh had the Cardinal 3rd and ranked one-loss Wisconsin 8th, the lowest of any coach and two spots below two-loss Virginia Tech. Wilner writes, "Obviously, Harbaugh wanted to undermine Wisconsin's chances of passing Stanford in the BCS."
- Wisconsin's Bret Bielema tried the same trick by voting Stanford 7th.
- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio put the Spartans 4th, highest of any voter.
- Illinois' Ron Zook voted Texas Christian No. 6.
- Florida's Urban Meyer had Oregon at No. 1. Wilner: "You know they won't forget that on The Plains. Ever."